Board For Correction Of Military Records

Once a service member has received some form of adverse action, it is still possible to have his or her record corrected and to have the negative information removed from that person's file. This is true whether the service member is still on active duty or retired or has simply left the military. These remedies range from the Boards for Correction of Military Records to the Discharge Review Boards to boards that can increase your rank (if you rank was reduced in active duty). Most lawyers are completely unaware of these proceedings and have never appeared before any of these boards.

Our firm's founding attorney, William E. Cassara, has represented former and current service members before all of the above boards and others. He has also represented members of the military in federal courts and before the United States Court of Federal Claims. He has appeared in federal courts across the country.

If you have been discharged from the military and believe the discharge was an error, you should contact our firm to determine your legal rights. There are often strict time limitations in these cases, so you should act quickly.

Bill Cassara · Trusted Instructor And Legal Resource

Because of his experience with Boards for Correction of Military/Naval Records (BCMR/BCNR), Bill Cassara is frequently asked to speak to other lawyers, both military and civilian, on this subject. He recently presented on the subject to the State Bar of Georgia's Military Law Section. Click here for the outline he wrote. We believe that our long history of providing legal support to service members is the reason we are consistently asked to present information. We know what it takes to get your records corrected.

Contact Our Firm

If you have further questions regarding military law or defense, contact William E. Cassara, PC. We provide representation to clients worldwide in a wide range of matters. We can be reached by phone at 800-511-9293 or through our easy online contact form to schedule a free consultation.